Thanks for celebrating "America's Sweetheart" Raggedy Annie's Birthday with me folks!
I've got cuppycakes for y'all!
Special Surprise: Shweet Carm who made my graphic for me- is also giving a FREE Raggedy Ann graphic on her blog! Save/Upload to your computer! Thank you so much Carm! A link to her blog is on the Party-Goers list on the right of my blog! :O)
I have loved this red-headed cutie since I laid my eyes on my Gramma L's Raggedy Annie. I don't what kind it was, but I know it was a vintage one. She wouldn't let me play with that one, but she had another one that I was allowed to play with. We had lots of tea parties, pretend school days where I was the teacher and Annie was the student, lots of walks in the park with my Gramma L. Gramma had one of those vintage baby strollers that looked a lot like this one ...
Here's my collection of Raggedy Annies ... Click on the pic to zoom out
So sorry it's not the best, but it's kinda hard to take a digital photo when you have the light source in front of you and the blinds are horitzontal. It kept making the background look all fuzzy. I kept having to retake pictures, but this was the best out of the bunch!
In the Back Row at the ends- I have the big Raggedy Ann and Andy!
Then from the left-
* Annie in a green Christmas sweater w/ snowman - was gifted to me by my husband. He found it in a gift shop.
* Annie in her classic blue print dress and white apron. Also a gift from my hubby.
* Andy with a stain on his right side of the face- I found that at a yard sale. They were gonna throw it out and I didn't have the heart to pass it up. He was pleading to be rescued so I did! The tag is gone so I can't for sure say what brand he was.
* Annie with the missing hair in the front (kinda a bald spot) is an "Applause" style Annie. I bought her off of eBay when I was first scouting for Raggedy Ann collectibles.
* Annie & Andie set in burgundy outfits - I bought these from a woman who was going to give them away. They're custom made. They have matching burgundy outfits! Low key Prim. Cute!
* Annie in her Christmas outfit and white apron. She came with a small plastic ornament, which I can't for the life of me find. Hmmmm!
* Custom made Andy. I don't remember where I found this one. He has orange hair. A cutie! The girls like him *winks*
* Prim Annie with no shoes or stockings - Folks - don't laugh, but this is the first Annie I made years ago. It was a pattern by Ragg Bagg Babies. I made this one in 2001 Wow!
* Annie in pink. She is wearing pajamas and fluffy slippers. She has a small oatmeal teddy bear attached to her hand. This was a gift from my daughter! I have 2 *lol*
* Tiny Annie came with the Christmas Annie. Now that I am remembering all of these- it also came with an ornament, that I mentioned above - that I can't find, and I think it came with a story book too. Hmmm- I will have to look for this this year!
* My adorable pinkeep that I won at Cyndi's give away!
* My Breanna also made by Cyndi's blog give-away! I just love this to pieces!!
* Annie made by Nadine. We were partners in Aunt Pitty Pats Sugar & Spice Round 1 swap. She has a sweet faerie fabric outfit with matching bag.
* Annie made by Carla. We were partners for APP's Sugar & Spice Round 2 swap.
* Annie made by Tammy. Can't remember or find the blog link :O( Sowwry Tammy!
Well - there's my collection of dolls.
I have made more dolls than I have in my collection. There's something about seeing each dolls personality emerge. No two are alike! No matter what pattern you use or how many of the same doll base you use - they're like snowflakes! Each is one of a kind!
I love collecting Raggedy Annie patterns. I love sewing Raggedy Annies!
Ok- I'm off to visit the party-goers! See their collections and/or stories! Thanks again for celebrating with me.
I will pick winners in each drawing in one week! Good Luck and Have fun!
Also- not to steal the spotlight- but I think this birthday girl also deserves the recognition of celebrating a Birthday today: Bai Yun. Happy Birthday Bai Yun! You're a great Mom!